Red Velvet Waffles
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg separated
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup beet juice
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, protein powder, and salt.
- Separate the egg white from the egg yolk, and beat the whites with a hand mixer until they reach a foam that forms peaks.
- Mix soy milk, egg yolk, melted butter, vanilla extract and beet juice together in a separate bowl.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just incorporated.
- Spray waffle maker with a light coat of cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into a Mini Waffle Maker or 1/2 cup of batter into a full size waffle maker.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and chocolate hazelnut drizzle, atop with a dollop of whip cream if desired.
Why long story short?
I absolutely love cooking and have spent YEARS scouring the internet for recipes. You know what really urks me? Having to scroll FOREVER through Sally’s adventures with her dog on a rainy Sunday morning…yada yada yada…just to get to the RECIPE! That’s why my recipes will be found FIRST. If you want to hear more about what I have to say you can search throughout my website otherwise, enjoy the easy to find recipes!