High Protein Banana Oat Pancakes
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (use GF oats if actually gluten free)
- 1 medium banana (riper the better)
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Place all of the ingredients except blueberries and peanut butter into a blender.
- Blend pancake mixture until almost smooth, it will never get perfectly smooth because of the oats but make sure there aren’t any chunks.
- Melt butter or cooking spray in a non-stick skillet or griddle on medium heat. Pour pancake batter into pan to form about 3-4 inch pancakes, using about 1/4 cup portions.
- Place blueberries evenly into pancakes. Remember to cook pancakes on medium heat to cook thoroughly, they will take longer to cook than typical pancakes due to being denser being made from oats. Look for bubble formations on top and then flip.
- Pancakes should be golden on both sides. Enjoy!
Serving size: 2-3 pancakes
Recipe adapted from Ambitious Kitchen