- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup butter, softened (I use Earth Balance which you can buy here)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups white wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place butter and sugar in medium bowl and cream together until the butter is smoothed out.
- Add vanilla and egg, mix until combined.
- In the same bowl place almond flour, white wheat flour, and baking powder. Slowly mix together until a dough texture is achieved.
- Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface and place dough. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out cookies with desired cookie cutters. Transfer cookies to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the center are puffy. Let cookies cool before topping with icing.
- Frost with dark chocolate cream cheese icing. (Below)
Recipe modified from Cooking with Karli
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 bar dark chocolate, grated
- Using a hand-held mixer or stand mixed with whisk attachment in place, cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beat on low until completely combined and creamy consistency.
- Grate 1/4 of bar of dark chocolate and mix together with a spoon.
Recipe inspired by Sally’s Baking Addiction