- 1/2 avocado
- 4 oz tempeh, crumbled (half a typical package)
- 2 stalks celery, washed and chopped
- 1/4 lemon, squeezed (about 2 tsp, or do to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (you can use any kind you like or omit)
- 1/4 tsp Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning + Sprinkle on top
- 1 Trader Joe’s whole wheat pita pocket (this kind is delish but also nice, smaller size while still big enough to fill me up)
- Prepare the produce. Wash and chop celery. Open and cut the avocado into square or I have one of those “fancy” tools which easily scoops it out. Place both in a medium bowl.
- Take the tempeh and crumble it with your hands or a fork, add to bowl.
- Add lemon juice, mustard, and seasonings.
- Stuff it all into a whole wheat pita pocket or make into lettuce wraps for a gluten-free option. Sprinkle with Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning.
- Serves 1, double for a perfect meal for two!
Tempeh is made from fermented soy beans making this food full of protein, fiber, probiotics, and many micronutrients all while being vegan! One serving (4 oz) of tempeh contains 20 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber while containing 16 grams of carbohydrates). I get a lot of questions about how to use tempeh well, you can cook it but if you do you kill off the good bacteria that helped ferment it. That would make the food no longer probiotic but still a healthful food! I cook it in stir-fries often or even cook it into strips for additional protein on sandwich.